Syslog Watcher - Powerful Syslog Server for Windows OS
Syslog Watcher can collect, parse, store and analyze syslogs from:
- firewalls / switches / routers / modems of any vendor
- network hosts and servers (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- syslog forwarders (to forward Windows Event Log to syslog server use Eventlog Inspector)
- any syslog enabled devices or appliances
- any software that can send its own logs via syslog
Video Tutorial 1: First Steps after Installation (2:37)
Video Tutorial 2: Collecting Syslogs from Devices (2:04)
Video Tutorial 3: Managing Email Alerts (3:33)
Video Tutorial 4: Using VendorPack Editor (3:09)
Why choose Syslog Watcher as syslog solution for Windows?
- Ready for IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Supports syslog over UDP and over TCP (more reliable, e.g., for Cisco PIX/ASA)
- Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / 7 compatible
- Can explain 14000+ syslog messages and recommend a response (Vendor Pack)
- Many more Syslog Watcher Features and Benefits
Syslog Watcher is a High-performance Syslog Server
Syslog Watcher stores the syslog messages in a special storage. It is a specially optimized type of database. The syslog storage is designed by taking into account the specific requirements of syslog server.
The diagram below shows the positive performance of the program. Syslog Watcher provides a comfortable work environment while displaying up to a million syslog messages.
Significant Advantage - Smart Syslog Parsing
The vendors of devices and program developers often do not follow the RFC3164 standard. In other words, syslog messages that a syslog server receives may not be correctly recognized based only on the specification. Especially, frequent cases have a non-standard format of the date and additional tag (e.g., origin-id).
Our pride is in the intellectual parser of syslog content. This syslog parser attempts to determine the type of syslog source and correctly handle many deviations from the standard.
We are constantly working to improve it. If you suppose that Syslog Watcher does not parse syslog from your sources correctly, please send us examples, and we will add support for it.
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008
- Windows 7
Compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems.
- CPU: 1GHz
- RAM: 512MB
- HDD: 50MB + data
- Network Interface